Your New Patient Journey
Before the day of your appointment
- Personal details will be verified, medical history updated and if you are a new patient a GDPR consent and smile questionnaire completed – these will be via email, online or over the phone with a team member.
- A full COVID-19 history will be taken to assess your risk and for us to best manage your care.
Before you enter the practice
- Please do not arrive early and try not to be late – the aim of this is to avoid patient traffic in communal waiting areas or entrance / exit.
- Please do not bring anyone else into the practice with you unless necessary. Exceptions include a parent/guardian of children under 18 years old, or a carer.
- Please bring as few belongings with you as possible, this limits the risk of any contamination.
- Please ensure that you are showered and clean before entering the practice.
- Please clean your teeth before attending.
Inside the practice
- We’ve adjusted our waiting areas and spaced out appointments – so you can maintain safe social distancing.
- You must clean your hands using the antibacterial gel provided as soon as you enter the practice.
- You’ll be given a mask to wear on arrival to ensure your safety during your visit (you are welcome to bring your own)
- Our staff will also be wearing appropriate PPE to ensure your safety.
- Plastic screens have been installed on our reception desks. Please try and maintain a 2m distance from the reception desk where possible and avoid touching the screen.
- We’ll ask you some arrival questions to confirm the information you gave in the pre-visit call.
- We’ll check your temperature using a non-contact thermometer. If it is deemed too high (above 37.8°C), your appointment will be rescheduled for a later date.
- We will ask you to place any belongings in a clean box situated in the treatment room to limit risks of contamination.
- We will give you a pre-treatment anti-viral mouth rinse if appropriate.
- Where possible try to limit use of patient bathrooms by visiting your own before your attendance at the practice.
- Patients bathrooms are still operational but please ask the Receptionist before use. This will ensure we know the facilities have been used and can clean appropriately.
After your appointment
- To keep you safe, we’ll ask you to use contactless payment instead of cash wherever possible.
- You can book any future appointments or follow-ups with our receptionist.
- If after 14 days of your appointment you begin to develop any symptoms of possible COVID- 19, such as a high fever or a new continuous cough, you should contact the practice to inform them and follow the appropriate self-isolation advice.