Porcelain Dental Veneers Process
What exactly is involved in the procedure of having dental veneers fitted?
Here at DentalKind in Billericay, we offer porcelain veneer treatment.
- As with any other cosmetic dental procedure, the first part involves consultation and examination by your dentist so that they can get a better understanding of what you require and what the treatment options are. At DentalKind, we consider this to be the most important part of the whole process. It also allows your practitioner to discuss any concerns you might have. Your dentist will explain the treatment procedure to you and also give you an accurate guide as to the likely cost of your treatment.
- Before your veneers are designed and manufactured, your dentist will need to reshape and prepare the front surfaces of your teeth so that they can accommodate the veneers. In order that you do not feel anything during the procedure, you will have your teeth and gums numbed with a painless local anaesthetic.
- Your dentist will then shave off a tiny part of the front surface of your teeth using a special dental drill. The amount of the front surface of your teeth that is removed is minimal.
- Your dentist will then take an impression or mould (copy) of your prepared teeth. This involves taking an imprint of your teeth similar to how you would leave footprints in the sand. This is done by placing special dental putty into your mouth on a tray, pushing it into your teeth and waiting for it to set.
- This mould of your teeth, known as an “impression”, is then sent to a dental laboratory. This impression is used by dental technicians to cast an accurate model of your teeth which can be used as a guide to fabricate your new veneers. Normally this process takes between one and three weeks.
- Your dentist will fit you with some temporary veneers to protect your prepared teeth while you’re waiting for your actual veneers to be fabricated. The temporary veneers may be based on a ‘mock-up’ or ‘diagnostic wax-up’ to allow you to leave with your new smile, just in a temporary material.
- At your second appointment, your dentist will fit your new veneers to your teeth. Firstly, the dentist will just sit the veneers over your teeth to see how they look when you smile.
- After checking that you’re completely pleased and happy with the result your dentist will carefully bond the veneer in place. Your teeth are cleaning and the preparations will be etched (roughened) with a special acid gel so that they provide a good surface for the dental cement to stick to. Cement is then applied to the back of the veneers and they are cemented into place. Then a special curing light is used to activate the dental cement so that it bonds the veneer permanently to the front surface of your prepared tooth. Any excess cement is usually trimmed away and polished to leave a beautiful and natural-looking restoration.
- Your dentist will show you how to clean and maintain the veneers to ensure a long-lasting result.
Book your consultation for Porcelain Dental Veneers Process
Why patient's love DentalKind
I have had a huge fear of the dentist for the entirety of adulthood and have genuinely never known a practice be so kind, compassionate and informative as this. I was talked through every step of my... procedure with the hygienist. Kerry was sweet and took everything at my pace so I wasn’t overwhelmed with a lot of well needed praise and recognition! The admin staff have been so kind and patient with me whilst I cry booking appointments and waiting nervously in the reception area, particularly Megan who was super professional and lovely when I originally sent my enquiry explaining how nervous I was. I have had follow up calls after all my appointments to check how the works have settled and how I am feeling, which I think is a wonderful touch and shows just how attentive they are. And my dentist Chirag has been nothing short of amazing. He is so informative and is clearly incredibly knowledgeable and highly skilled in his work. I have been for three appointments to have multiple fillings re-done (some of which were quite deep, and tricky after some poor NHS work) But Chirag has taken everything at my own pace, shown me what work is going to take place, and been such a great comfort throughout. He works incredibly hard, and nothing is too much of a problem for him. My mouth has never felt better, and after multiple visits I managed the last one without a single tear! I honestly couldn’t recommend a practice more. Best decision I have made in a long time deciding to finally take the jump and book in with you. Thank you.read more
I recently had Invisalign and composite bonding with Sunil, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Sunil is an incredibly skilled and experienced dentist, and he made the entire process as easy... and stress-free as possible.During my initial consultation, Sunil took the time to understand my goals and expectations. He explained the entire process in detail, and he answered all my questions patiently and thoroughly. I felt completely confident in his care.My Invisalign treatment went smoothly, and I was amazed at how quickly my teeth straightened out. Sunil was always available to answer my questions and address any concerns I had.Once my Invisalign treatment was complete, Sunil performed the composite bonding, the results are truly amazing! My teeth look perfectly natural and even. I'm so happy with the way my smile looks now.Sunil is not only a skilled dentist, but he's also a very kind and caring person. He made me feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend Sunil to anyone looking for a dental professional.read more
I have had face treatments with Saj, who is very patient, professional and honest. I look forward to going back.
I woke up with toothache start of the week and by the Saturday I was in bits. Found Dental Kind online and Dr Chirag saw me on the Saturday and extracted the tooth for me and I've been pain-free... since. He was very kind snd gentle. Very happy with the professional service! Would highly recommend! I plan to come back for further treatment !read more
The people in here are so Patient and caring. I cannot recommend them enough.
Amazing staff, so helpful, an amazing outcome from treatment
I have had composite bonding, some crowns and a bridge. I am extremely happy with the overall improvement in the size, shape and colour of my teeth. They are natural looking and Sunil worked hard to... get me the result I wanted in time for my son's wedding.Would highly recommend this dental practice. The whole team are very friendly and were keen to see the end result.read more
Teeth feel great!
Saw Chloe the hygienist today . Very welcoming, kind and patient. Put me at ease and talked through all the procedures. Very friendly receptionists. Highly recommend this practice.
Can I thank everyone there they are so supportive and helpful I don’t know what I would have done without them and the quality of work is amazing thank you and I would highly recommend dental kind... for any dental work thanks again John Lawrenceread more
What a fantastic dental practice. I can't praise them enough for the very kind way they have treated me and the great work they have done. For the first time I can start to smile with confidence.... Highly recommend!!!read more
By far the best dentistry I’ve experienced. I cannot praise the excellence demonstrated along with professionalism and caring friendly efficient reception staff. I needed urgent treatment that was... carried out both promptly and effectively in perfect surroundings. I’m looking forward to my next appointment… how often is that stated 🙏read more
Hello… my experience with the hygienists and Dr Sunil was at a very professional level when I visited in December 2022….and the dental practice has reached a high level in all aspects,Well done and... keep up the good work the whole team are doing!read more
Having been to several dentists to repair my jaw I have found that DentalKind in Billericay to be the most compassionate of them all. They take patients welfare seriously. I am having major surgery... on my jaw with replacement teeth on a neo-arch. All the work to be done has been explained to me and when I have had questions these have been answered promptly and satisfactorily so that I understand every step of the way. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone wanting to undergo surgery and definitely to those who have issues with dentists.read more
Excellent service and care. The best dentist I have ever had.
Sunil and DentalKind have been an excellent choice as my dentist. I researched a number of private dentists in the area before choosing these guys, and I was a little apprehensive as I had never... previously used a private only dentist and I was worried about the costs involved.I have to say that from the very beginning, Sunil and the team never made me feel that they put their commercial interests in front of what was right for me and my desired outcome. There were points during my treatment where I was even recommended to possibly see a NHS dentist if it worked out more viable for me. I always felt like everyone from the dentist, the dental nurse and admin team went the extra mile to ensure service was excellent. I am super pleased with the outcome and intend to go back and use their services again soon. As the saying goes, you pay for what you get.read more
Great service from start to finish, had so many other Dentists say "my issue couldn't be fixed" until I went to see Dr Sunil. Had a really good consultation and then the actual treatment was... fantastic, I was made to feel at ease and felt comfortable throughout. I'm so happy with the result. Thank you DentalKind and Dr Sunil.read more
The Doctor was very friendly and helpful.
I was rigid with fear at the thought of a wisdom tooth extraction, 2 large replacement fillings + periodontal treatment.I hadn’t been to a dentist since before the pandemic when my previous dentist... retired and anyhow the injections I used to have never made my visits any easier…I was always terrified.Recommended by my husband, step forward Dr Sunil and his team at Dentalkind and take a HUGE bow.Together with Dr Paschal who kept me sedated throughout the procedure I felt no pain, no discomfort and no stress.The care throughout & afterwards was exemplary, and after a good sleep when I got home I suffered no after-pain whatsoever.Thank-you Dentalkind, from the bottom of my root canals, for the care & professionalism shown to me and for bringing my smile back.read more
I worked with dr Rahul and I have nothing bad to say, from my first consultation he has provided honest and good advice on what it was I was looking for, extremely professional, the best dentist I... have ever been too, customer service is fantastic along with the facility being clean and hygienic.read more
Dr Rahul saw me on an emergency consultation to review a chipped front tooth due to an accident over the weekend which needed to be urgently fixed ahead of a wedding. He was incredibly thorough in... explaining the possible courses of treatment and the process for narrowing down on the exact treatment needed. Dr Rahul and the nurse did an exceptional job in repairing the chipped tooth with composite bonding, so much so my partner couldn't tell which tooth I had chipped in the first place. Excellent staff and service all round and couldn't be more thankful. Would highly recommend!read more